When it comes to managing the back-end system of the website, whether it is e-commerce, corporate, educational, etc. You need a content management system (CMS) that suits you well. You have to keenly examine the strengths and weaknesses of all the available CMS and finalize or opt one which can benefit your business more than others.
While choosing a CMS, you foresee the end-result that matches your vision of winning over end-users and to set yourself apart from competitors.
It's a necessary factor to select a highly functional CMS to smoothly run an online business. Webnet Pakistan also offers a CMS that has all the unique features integrated into a single platform which is easy to use, even a lame person can work with it without interruption.
A strong website requires a CMS for several purposes. A CMS is capable of saving staff time, has an efficient functionality in searching, and also provides a facility to publishers to modify their web pages when needed.
Learn about and choose CMS
Do you want to learn more about CMS? If yes, it means you are most likely interested to manage website content in the upcoming future, right?
It might be possible that you are reading this article to learn the basics of the Content Management System introduction to update your website, or you are going to start your career in managing a web CMS.
No matter whatever your purpose is to read this blog, but it will prove to be a good support in every aspect of managing a CMS.
In this blog, I am going to give you a quick overview of what web CMS is with all the advantages and disadvantages of mostly used CMS, and it also helps you to choose the right CMS for your website. Let me discuss with you all CMS shortly.
Have a quick look on popular Web CMS
Here you can get a clear overview of all the popular and widely used CMS with described advantages and shortcomings of these CMS. It will help you select a CMS that suits your business.
Webnet Custom CMS
Webnet does not believe in developing websites on one-size-fits-all basis. Every website should look different according to your business goals and vision. Webnet Custom CMS is basically a friend to your business because you can easily manage it well without hassle.
It is a protection to your money that you have invested in website development and brings you huge returns as it maintains your website’s credibility in front of your web visitors.
- One of the major advantages of Webnet Custom CMS is that it does not let your websites get hacked. Every plugin is self-developed which none of the hackers can have access. Moreover, it shifts your data-sensitive public page into sub-sites that provides extra protection.
- It develops creative and custom themes and layouts of your website that excite your web visitors to hover the mouse-arrow and click other pages that automatically increases your website ranking in Google search engines.
- Although it requires developers for your website development, but you get a custom website as you desire. It also brings you higher business profitability.
- It’s an SEO friendly CMS that is good for marketing your website and preferable for escalating your sales.
- Webnet Custom CMS is costly because you need developers and designers to get the out-of-the-box website.
- You have to pay additional monthly charges for the website maintenance and required updates.
WordPress is critically recognized as a user-friendly and popular content management system platform. Therefore, if you are also on the outlook for a content management system platform that is quick, easy, user-friendly and yet affordable, you can go for it.
- You can easily customize the look of your website using the platform’s built-in tools without a lot of technical know-how.
- You can use the platform to host all kinds of content, including portfolios, videos, podcasts, social networking groups, and e-commerce stores.
- Anyone can learn to use this platform in just a few minutes. It has an extremely user-friendly interface with clearly labeled buttons, tags, and customization features.
- It’s also open-source, which means the original source code is made available to other users. So the WordPress developed websites are prone to be hacked.
- WordPress websites need maintenance, whereas, a hand-coded website may never need monthly maintenance, a WordPress site absolutely requires it, which can be expensive in the long run.
- WordPress Sites are not search-engine friendly because the coding for a WordPress site is proprietary, and often a complicated mess. Search engines can get confused when encountering a line of proprietary code while crawling a WordPress site, so your websites may not be ranked highly in Google search engines.
Drupal has the potential to function as a rich and unlimited publishing platform. Therefore, Drupal is carefully developed with special tools that have an inbuilt potential to allow businesses to search, structure, organize and reuse their content. Moreover, Drupal comes with a skillfully designed interface that serves as an ideal platform for businesses to set up a collaborative website.
- You can use it to host and develop all kinds of content, including simple blogs, videos, social groups, and online polls.
- Drupal comes with plenty of customizable features to help you create the perfect user experience.
- Drupal is known as one of the most secure CMS platforms around, which makes it a great choice for publications and organizations that need to keep their content secure and online 24/7.
- If you already have a website and you need to migrate it to another CMS, Drupal makes it easy.
- You’ll probably need to pay for a professional developer when using Drupal, which might raise the overall cost of your project.
- It is not exactly user-friendly or that it can impact the overall performance of your website if not properly optimized.
- Not only creation but also the promotion of a site using Drupal can be difficult. While it will not take long to master the basic functions of the system, to fully understand it may take you several months.
- The lack of high-quality designs in free access with difficulty in the installation of updates and program modules.
The Microsoft SharePoint has been specifically designed to simplify the task of content management, collaboration, and sharing. The SharePoint is a plug and plays Content Management System that has been specifically designed to set up sites with a purpose to share information, by reducing the overall cost associated with maintenance, deployment, and development.
- SharePoint is a part of Microsoft Office as it is integrated with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- You can tailor-make your website using it's highly customized features.
- Websites developed on SharePoint can store tons of files in a central location.
- It checks out, manage, and search for vast data. It also enters documents' metadata which helps you manage a large number of your company's data.
- If you want something that should meet your company's requirements, you will need a developer's support.
- Once you have custom developed your website it will call for maintenance and updates, you can not do it by yourself.
- SharePoint requires prior training and if your company has a large number of employees than it will cost you in terms of both time and cost.
Joomla supports a huge number of available Joomla templates and Joomla extensions; it is a brand that is used by giant brands like MTV, Ikea, and eBay, therefore, if you are also looking forward to developing a website, there are many chances that you can succeed by using this platform.
Similarly, Joomla is the choice for all those who wish to have highly interactive e-commerce applications, online communities, media portals, blogs, and websites. Owing to all its properties, Joomla has extended the reputation of the CMS system that has a “can-do attitude”.
Joomla installation takes only a few minutes to complete. You can easily download and install your Joomla webpage.
You don’t have to be a developer to use it, you can use Joomla for your small business and expand it when needed.
Joomla has a large user community where you can get advice, tips, tricks, and tutorials to assist yourself in building your website.
Joomla’s user interface (UI) is more complicated than other CMS platforms. it has more functions that make it more complicated than others.
There are issues in browsing and selecting extensions because the extensions library of Joomla lacks little sophistication.